The Palomar Cookbook
The Palomar Cookbook
This debut cookbook by award-winning London dining establishment, The Palomar is a fabulous insight into modern day Jerusalem through its cuisine.
We love the recipes, tips and especially the understated confidence this publication exudes in regards to handling the fresh abundance of seasonal produce.
About The Book
The debut cookbook from award-winning restaurant The Palomar
Enjoy more than 100 utterly delicious recipes from award-winning restaurant The Palomar, with dishes influenced by the rich cultures of Southern Spain, North Africa and the Levant. This debut cookbook includes recipes for the restaurant’s signature dishes, alongside recipes drawn from family tradition, mothers and grandmothers, from influences, encounters, places travelled to and places evoked by their flavours alone.
Pulling on the traditions of the Mediterranean, The Palomar Cookbook is your guide to recreating the intense and evocative flavours of an exotic elsewhere in your own kitchen. With mezze dishes to share, sweet and savoury pastries, simple dishes for a quick fix and more complex dishes for a main meal, each recipe is both evocative and innovative, and – first and foremost – bursting with flavour.
- What’s in the cupboard?
- Essential ingredients and spice mixes
- The meal before the meal
- Spiced olives with rose petals & balsamic vinegar | Velvet tomatoes | Baba ganoush
- Raw beginnings
- Scallop carpaccio with ‘Thai-bouleh’ | Kubenia | Spring salad
- The main act
- Cauliflower steak with labneh & grated tomatoes | Polenta Jerusalem-style | Pork belly with ras el hanout
- Yael’s Kingdom
- Kubanah bread | Tahini ice cream | Jerusalem mess
- For those who want to kick back
- Drunken botanist | Bishbash posh wash | Sumac-ade
About the Author
The Palomar met with wide critical acclaim when it opened in summer 2014 and continues to go from strength to strength, offering mind-blowing food from modern-day Jerusalem, with dishes influenced by the rich cultures of Southern Spain, North Africa and the Levant.Purchase here